WorkFam’s fundamental principles in respect of your privacy are as follows:
- WorkFam will not ask you for any personal data unless it is required in terms of your use of and access to the Platform and/or availing of any of the Service Offerings.
- WorkFam will not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to in accordance with any applicable law and to protect your rights or that of another User.
- WorkFam does not store your personal data on its servers save to the extent as required by the on-going operation of its Platform.
- Processing of your personal data will only be performed by WorkFam to the extent that it is necessary for the functioning of our Platform.
DATA STORAGE AND OWNERSHIP
Workfam uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Platform. Workfam owns the code and all rights to the Workfam Platform, but you retain all rights over your personal data.
USERS AND WEBSITE VISITORS
- Workfam collects non-personally-identifiable information of the sort typically made available by web browsers and servers, such as, but not limited to, browser type, language preference, referring site, and date and time of each visit, to better understand how you use our Platform. This information may be released in the aggregate form, e.g., a report on the trends in usage of our Platform by Users.
- Workfam also collects potentially personally identifying information including, but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Workfam will only process this information under the same circumstances as those applicable in respect of personally identifying information, as described below.
- When you register for an Account, we require information including, but not limited to, your name, contact details and with whom you are employed, designation, email address, department, interests and photos. Workfam uses this collected information for product and service provision, billing, identification and authentication, service improvement, communications and research.
- Workfam may provide access to potentially personally identifying information and personally identifying information to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that have a business need to know such information in order to process it on behalf of Workfam or to provide services available at Workfam’s Platform. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Workfam may also share an Employee’s personal data with such Employee’s Organization in order to enable the Organization to have an insight on the Employees’ use of the Service Offerings.
- The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the United Arab Emirates in accordance with the applicable law. By maintaining an Account and using Workfam’s Platform, you expressly consent to the possible transfer and storage of such personal data outside the United Arab Emirates. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside such jurisdictions who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. Your personal data may be transferred, stored, processed and used by our affiliated companies and/or non-affiliated service providers in one or more countries outside the United Arab Emirates.
- Other than as described above, Workfam may disclose potentially personally identifiable information or personally identifiable information in response to a subpoena, court order, governmental request, legislative procedure, or generally to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations, such as compliance with anti-money laundering laws, or when Workfam believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect your interests or the interests of the public at large. Workfam may also disclose your personal data with or transfer it to its professional advisers, where it is necessary for Workfam to obtain their advice or assistance or initiate or defend against any legal proceedings, including lawyers, accountants, IT or public relations advisers.
- As a User, if you avail a Service Offering, we may share your personal data (such as name and email address) with the applicable Partner in order to fulfil your request and enable the Partner to provide you with the Service Offering, as applicable.
- If you are a User of Workfam’s Platform and have supplied your email address and other contact information, Workfam may, subject to your contact preferences, occasionally contact you to tell you about new features, solicit feedback or to keep you updated on Workfam and our offerings.
- You may manage your contact preferences and update your contact details under your Account’s settings. You can unsubscribe from marketing related communications, but not from communications necessary for use of Workfam’s Platform, for the functioning of the Account you have with Workfam and billing in respect thereof.
- Workfam takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifiable information or personally identifiable information. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
DELETION OF USER
In the event that a User instructs Workfam to delete its/their account with Workfam, such instruction will result in the deletion of personal data pertaining to the User’s profile. Workfam shall retain the User’s personal data for a period of 28 (twenty-eight) days from the date of the User’s instruction, where after the User’s personal information will be totally deleted by Workfam. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT FAILURE TO PROVIDE CON
You may withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time if we process your personal data on the grounds of your consent. If you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, Workfam will respect your decision and will stop processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable. This will not affect the legality of our processing of your personal data up until the point at which you withdraw your consent.
If you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data however, our Services will not function properly and you will no longer be able to use our Services.
Please note that after your withdrawal of consent, we may still process and retain your personal data for a period of time that complies with applicable law or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at [email protected]. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above provisions, where this is required or permitted by applicable law.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT MAY WE NEED FROM YOU?
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Effective as of [•]